About ANDREW GUMO
Academic Level Degree Bachelor
Age 33 - 37 Years
1999 - 2002
ST JOSEPH BOYS HIGH SCHOOL KITALE
KENYA CERTIFICATE OF SECONDARY EDUCATION
BACHELOR OF COMMERCE (ACCOUNTING)
2020 - Present
COUNTY GOVERNMENT OF BUSIA
Prepare risk assessments and develop effective audit programs
Maintain, revise and update as appropriate the internal audit plan
Review and analyze accounts, records, internal controls, and fiscal procedures
Perform tests of accounting records to verify accuracy, completeness and propriety
Identify, gather, review and analyze physical or documentary data on management and business policies, practices, procedures, and organizational structure; make recommendations regarding industry best practices to improve performance efficiency and/or effectiveness
Audit county activities, functions, and programs; prepare audit reports providing recommendations to correct deficiencies
Make oral and written presentations to management during and at the conclusion of the audit discussing deficiencies, recommending corrective action, and suggesting improvements in operations
Appraise the adequacy of recommended corrective actions taken to improve deficient conditions
2015 - 2020
MAJANI HOLDINGS CO LTD
SENIOR OPERATIONS OFFICER
• Establishes strategic goals by gathering and evaluating pertinent business, financial, service, and operations information
• Accomplishes financial objectives by preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures and analyzing variances
• Maintains quality service by enforcing quality and customer service standards through analyzing and resolving quality and customer service problems
• Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops
• Develop and implement project execution strategy, ensure the implementation of quality control standards and cost control on project for on time completion.
• Manage Cash Flow Requirements for the Projects. Controlled expenditures within limitations of projects budget.
• Coordinate with clients, consultants, sub-contractors.
• Inspect and observe work in progress to ensure that procedures followed and materials used conformed to project specifications and quality standards.
2011 - 2015
COAST DEVELOPMENT AUTHORITY
• Processing and verifying of payment vouchers
• Reconcile processed work by verifying entries and comparing system reports to balances.
• Fixed Asset Management
• Charge expenses to accounts and cost centers by analyzing invoice/expense reports
• Maintains accounting ledgers by verifying and posting account transactions.
• Verifies vendor accounts by reconciling monthly statements and related transactions.
• Maintains historical records by microfilming and filing documents.
• Protects organization’s value by keeping information confidential.
• Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities.
• Processing statutory deductions online like NSSF, NHIF, PAYE & VAT
• Production of weekly and monthly reports on organization Projects
• Preparing end year financial reports
2010 - 2011
KENYA POWER AND LIGHTING CO LTD
REVENUE PROTECTION UNIT OFFICER
• Record customers complaints in the system for accountability
• Generate service orders for work to be done on customers’ accounts
• Resolve service orders when customer complaints are resolved
• Filing of relevant Documents in the department
• Computer input (Excel, ICS, SAP)
• Replying to customer complaints
• Assist customers with their query needs, ensuring that at all times, concise and accurate information is given.
• Assist in duties at times of service disruption and emergencies ensuring that appropriate advice is relayed to customers
2009 - 2009
KENYA NATIONAL BUREAU OF STATISTICS
• Use automated devices (e.g. tablets, smart phones, or laptop computers) to conduct job activities like data collection.
• Supervise Census Takers/Enumerators, including reviewing their work.
• Facilitate group training sessions using Census Bureau training guides and materials as well as personal observations and on-the-job training.
• Submit requests for replacement workers, assess work, and ensure operations are staffed to maintain an uninterrupted workflow.
• Monitor the progress and performance of assigned staff and ensure assignments are completed on schedule.
• Monitor and resolve alerts (notices of potential issues) by following up with assigned staff.
• Provide instructions to Census Takers/Enumerators for improving production and performance to meet deadlines and quality standards.